Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

What's for dinner

I love making this chicken, and it is so easy!  I thought I would share the recipe with you.

Roasted Rosemary Chicken

  • 1 whole chicken, rinsed
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 onion, quartered
  • 1 cup chopped fresh rosemary
  • carrots
  • little golden potatoes
  • 1 lemon quartered
  • 3 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled
  • olive oil
  • 4 tbs butter
  • 1 can chicken broth



    DIRECTIONS

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. loosen skin and place butter underneath skin around breast area.
    3. Remove giblet bag (if any) and stuff cavity full with fresh rosemary (I left it on the stem), kosher salt, garlic cloves, lemon quarters ( i squeezed 1/2 of it inside) and onion quarters(remove giblets first)
    4. Rub outside with olive oil and completely cover outside with rosemary,sea salt, and fresh ground pepper
    5. Cut potatoes half and peel carrots and cut up.  
    6. Pour can of broth over potatoes and carrots
    7. Roast in the preheated oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Cooking time will vary a bit depending on the size of the bird.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment