Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Working on myself again!

Since before the move, I have completely neglected myself.  I haven't had my hair cut or colored since January, been working out like I should, not dressing up as much, and eating the wrong things!  This has caused me to gain 7 to 8 lbs since I got home from Mexico.  I am still having a ton of swelling, so a couple of lbs of that could be from that as well.  I am so disgusted with the extra lbs that I had worked so hard to get off!  I can see if in pictures, feel it in some of my clothes, and I just feel icky. I am able to eat more than I should, and I do NOT like that feeling!

As of this week, I am done with that!  I am ready to concentrate on myself a little more and get back to taking care of me a little bit.  I have been going back to basics this past week, and I have been on pretty much a liquid diet.  I needed to shrink my tummy back down to what it should be, and it is working!  I have lost 4lbs of the 8 lbs in the last 3 days by drinking protein shakes and eating cocoa roasted almonds as a snack or eating a small salad with balsamic vinegar.  I haven't been perfect and did eat bad things last night.  I had a few chips, 2 bites of a burger and 2 small onion rings.  I was so stuffed that I felt sick. My tummy has definitely shrunk back down, but it still has a little more to go.  I am going to do this regimen for at least a week and possible 2 weeks.  I have 27 lbs to get to my goal weight, so I am hoping this will jump start me. I picked this week to do this because Chief is TDY in Virginia for the next 2 weeks.  I tend to eat more when he is around because I eat more when I am comfortable and the most happy.

I just had my 2 year anniversary of my lap band surgery, and I knew the honeymoon period would be ending.  I refuse to let my weight and bad habits get the best of me, and I will keep control of this along with help from God, my family, and myself. 

The kids and I are flying out to Texas on Tuesday, so it will be hard to keep myself in check during travel time and during vacation.  After the 1st week or 2, I will stay on a low carb/high protein diet and under 1000 calories per day.  My goal is to be at my goal weight by the end of August.  Wish me luck!
 

1 comment:

  1. You go girl - you can do it! The good thing is that you are recognizing what needs to be changed & you have the power to take control. I wish I could implement what I just typed. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete