Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

even if it is 80 degrees outside!  It is so hard to get in to the spirit with it being 80 degrees everyday and wearing slippers and shorts!  I am very envious of my friends that are experiencing cold weather and snow, but then they are envious of me because I live in paradise! 

The deployment is nearing way to fast, and Chief will be leaving us a few days after Turkey day.  It hit me like a ton of bricks this week, and I became completely overwhelmed.  I swear I have become his 3rd arm this week because I don't want to leave his side, but we are enjoying every second we can together.  It is so much harder this time because not only do I have to mend my broken heart, but I also have to mend Miss Priss and Monkey Doodle's hearts too.  At dinner this week, Monkey Doodle asked Chief is he was going to be gone a long time.  When Chief told him, "yes," Monkey got huge crocodile tears in his eyes and could barely finish his dinner.  My heart broke in to a million pieces!  Many tears have been shed by all of us this week, and we are having a our bad days and good days.

Today was a great day since we decorated for Christmas!  We wanted Chief to be able to enjoy the decorations and also decorate the tree as a family.  It was so much fun, and we made amazing memories tonight.  The kids really enjoyed decorating their trees that go in their room and also the main tree.  We did have a mishap while the kids were wrestling today, and Monkey Doodle ended up with 2 staples in his head.  This is the 2nd time he had to be sewn up in his short little life, and he never has shed a tear either.  The Dr. that did the staples today did not even give him any numbing medication and stapled straight in to his head without it!  Monkey Doodle has such a high pain tolerance and never even flinched.  He is such a tough 6 year old!


Well, here are the pictures of the inside Christmas decorations.  Hope you like them as much as we do!

















2 comments:

  1. Yup, thinking about Jack crying after Jeremy saying yes made me cry. I can't say enough how much I'm thinking of you all and praying that all goes as well as it can. I still can feel the sting of my broken heart when I dropped off Ben. Or when Brent called out to the a man in uniform at the commissary "Daddy." No words can make it better. Sorry Jess. I'm here if you want to talk. Or just cry. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you girly! Sorry I haven't called you back....busy busy since he has been gone. Have fun on your cruise! Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete