Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tasty Treats & Eats

I was turned on to this recipe by my neighbor friend, and I have made it so many times in the past month.  It was quickly a hit in my family and with friends, so I figured it was time to share the yummy goodness!

So without further adieu, I give you

BLACK BEAN CORN SALSA

Ingredients

  • 1 small bag of frozen sweet yellow corn (non buttered)
  • 1 small bag of frozen sweet white corn
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed very well
  • 2 to 3 chopped Roma tomatoes, seeded
  • 1 bunch finely chopped cilantro
  • 1 small sweet yellow onion, finely chopped
  • 1 to 2 jalapenos finely chopped, depending on how much heat you want
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoons sugar 
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • juice of 4 to 5 limes, possibly more depending on your taste
  • 1 to 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and diced

Directions

  1. Stir the yellow and white frozen corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeno pepper, sugar, cumin, salt and pepper and garlic in a large bowl. Gently mix in the lime juice and avocado. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment