Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Recipe Book

One of my closest friends, www.chelseamckinleyphotography.com , is moving to North Carolina on Tuesday, and I am so sad.  I will miss her terribly, and I wanted to give her something that she would be able to use all the time and also think of me when she uses it.  I came up with the idea of making a homemade recipe book with my favorite recipes in it for her.  I set out on my mission today to try and figure out the best way to do it.  I ended up purchasing a binder, pretty matching stationery, and plastic document protectors that I can slide the pages in to.  I started putting together a Word Document that would have a 1 recipe on it per page.  I started copy and pasting my recipes that I had written down, and I ended up for 45!!!  I couldn't believe that I had that many stashed in many different places.  After 2 1/2 hours, I finished that part of the project.  I am exhausted, and the printing and placing them in the binder will just have to wait until tomorrow!  I cannot wait to take a picture and show you the final product!  Chief thinks I should make an E-book out of it and try to market and sell it.  Hmmmm......something to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment