skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Grilled Pesto Chicken with Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
I was looking for a change of pace with chicken, and I was jonesing for some pesto. This is what I ended up with, and it was so so good! The kids couldn't eat it fast enough, and they had cleaned their plates within 5 minutes. This is going to be a regular dish around this house. It was excellent with a glass of Chardonnay. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Ingredients
- 1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat Penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes with italian spices, cut into pieces
- 1 cup pesto with basil sauce
Directions
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Baste chicken with 1/3 cup of pesto. Cook on grill until done. Slice chicken into strips.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and rest of the pesto. Toss to coat evenly.
- Grate 2 tablespoons Parmesan on top.
No comments:
Post a Comment