Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

I am making progress on the weight loss department, even if it is slower than I would like.  I am down to 153 as of this morning.  I am still loving my Vibrams, and I am even thinking about running a half marathon in April!  I ran a 5K this morning after I did 60 minutes on the elliptical, and it felt great!  I could have gone longer, but my left foot was cramping up and burning.  I started a mild colon cleanse today as well, and I hope that will help me drop a few extra pounds as well. It is called Smooth Move Organic tea, and I am drinking it twice a day.  I will update and let you know how it goes.

My Mom and Step Dad will be here in 5 days!  They are coming for Chief's promotion ceremony and the party.  We are so excited, and this one is a very big deal since it is his last promotion.  He cannot go any higher than CW5, and we are so proud of him!  He has worked so hard for this, and he completely deserves it!  We are expecting about 100 people for the promotion ceremony and reception afterward, and then 100 people at the promotion party too!  For the party, I am making Kalua Pork and Cabbage, Teriyaki Chicken, Macaroni Salad, Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, and Chocolate Haupia Pie.  I have friends that are bring side dishes and appetizers as well.  It should be an amazing party! 

It is hard to believe that Chief will be leaving in 5 weeks.  It came up on us so fast, and it is getting harder and harder everyday thinking about him leaving.  It is going to be a long year, but we will make it. I hope it goes by as fast as this last year has!

5 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    Do you have an email address I can write you at to ask a few questions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can email me at ivfmommee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 153 sounds wonderful!! What is goal again? You've got to be feeling as great as you look. I cannot believe those yummies you made. You are such a superwoman, wife and mom!! Have fun with your family this coming week. So wish we could have made it. We'll be thinking of you guys! Congrats again to Jeremy and to you as well... beside every successful man is an amazing supportive woman. Miss you guys!! Love, Storm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing progress! Glad to hear you're getting more into running. :) Congratulations to J on his promotion!
    Love,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Storm! 153 isn't too bad, that is for sure! I would like to be 1/2 of my original body weight, and that is 132. I miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete