Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Home Sweet Home

After a 14 hour trip on 3 different planes, we made it back to Hawaii Monday night.  Our friend, Yenny, picked us up at the airport that night, and it was great to see her!  We stepped off the plane and Miss Priss said, "ahhhh, it feels good to be warm again."  We had a great visit in Texas, but Hawaii is home now.  I could really see us never leaving here we love it so much now. 

As soon as we got home, I got the kids ready for bed. They were exhausted and went right to sleep.  It was way past their bedtime, and I knew they would not be able to go to school the next day due to jet lag and being so tired.  I immediately started unpacking after they went to bed and also started laundry.  I had us completely unpacked, laundry done, house cleaned,  and grocery shopping done within 20 hours of us being home.  I cannot tell you how wonderful our own beds felt, being back with Lucy and Sookie, seeing our Hawaii Ohana, and feeling the warm sun on our skin.  I had an internet buddy in town that was also a Dr Sauceda patient and was visiting Hawaii from Alaska. I met her and her husband at Duke's Canoe Club in Waikiki for lunch on Thursday, and we decided to go to the North Shore for some beach time that was very much needed.  We picked the kids up from school, got ready in a mad dash, and went to Shark's Cove for the afternoon.  It was so great to be laying on the beach again even though it was a chilly 75 degrees!  Ha Ha!  That is pretty chilly for Hawaii standards for the middle of the day!  We enjoyed a couple of hours there and then went to Ted's Bakery for a yummy dinner.  The kids got to bed about 20 minutes late, but we needed a beach day to cleanse our souls.  It is amazing how much stress is taken away by just laying on the beach and listening to the waves. 

We are planning to "spring clean" this weekend and declutter our house.  Saturday will be spent going through closets, toys, clothes, drawers, etc and ridding our house of unwanted stuff.  Sunday will be spent going to North Shore Christian Fellowship in Haleiwa and maybe some beach time.  I have to say I love our lives and wish that Chief was here too.  At least he is with us in spirit while he is in Iraq.

No comments:

Post a Comment