Many people set New Year's resolutions every year and never keep them. They strive to do too much, put too much pressure on themselves, or flat out stop trying. I listen to KLOVE all of the time, and they were asking people to just pick a one word resolution this year and see if that is easier. As soon as I heard that, one word came to mind for me .............STRENGTH. That word means a lot to me in many different ways, emotionally and physically.
Strength to get through this deployment
Strength to hold down the household stuff
Strength to have patience with the kids when I am at my wits end
Strength for Chief and help him emotionally during this deployment
Strength to mend the kids' hearts when they are missing their Daddy and having a bad day
Strength physically and emotionally to lose this last 20 lbs
Strength in the gym to keep myself healthy
Strength to run my first 1/2 marathon
Build more Strength in my body physically
Strength to my faith to God and build myself more spiritually
I imagine more will come to mind over the next year, but this is what I have so far. So, if I complete at least once of those, I will keep my New Year's resolution!
I hope other people decide to do a one word resolution this year. I know I plan on keeping mine.
Mark 12:30 NIV Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength
Ephesians 6:10-12 Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might.
I am a 34 year old stay at home mom living in paradise in Hawaii. First and foremost, I am a Christian, wife, and mother. I have battled and won the fight with infertility and obesity. I am 1 year post op the reconstruction phase of my body after 2 pregnancies and losing over 110 lbs. Now, we are trying to survive my Chief's deployment to Iraq.
No comments:
Post a Comment