Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2009

What's for dinner?

Many of you know that I LOVE to cook, and I like to experiment in the kitchen.  I may not get to eat much of it, but I take pleasure in making it for my family and friends. 

Well, my husband was craving a dish from a restaurant that we do not have in Hawaii, Skilletini from Johnny Carinos.  So, I decided to try and duplicate it, and I was completely successful!!  I thought I would share it with everyone because it was so so so so good!

Italian Sausage Skilletini




INGREDIENTS

* 1 package of Link Italian Sausage
* 1 tablespoon olive oil for sausage
* 1 small package of thin spaghetti
* 1 tablespoons olive oil for spaghetti
* 4 cloves of fresh garlic, thinly sliced
* 1 green bell pepper chopped in to hunks
* 1 red pepper chopped in to hunks
* 1 medium sweet onion
* 1 teaspoon of oregano
* 1 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1 tablespoon olive oil for end
* grated parmesan to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook linked sausage thoroughly for approximately 10 minutes.

2. In another skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute green pepper, red pepper, onion and sliced garlic until a little brown.

3.Boil water and place 1 tablespoon oil in water. Cook spaghetti on high for until about 3/4 done.

4. After sausage is cooked, pasta is cooked,and veggies are done, pour veggies, stewed tomatoes, and drained spaghetti in to large skillet with the sausage. Add 1 teaspoon garlic salt, oregano, and 1 more tablespoon of olive oil. Saute on high for 5 minutes. Place smaller skillet lid on top of the spaghetti that has gathered in the middle and push down to compress it to the skillet. Hold for 30 seconds, mix up the spaghetti, and compress for 30 seconds again. Repeat this 2 more times.

5. Sprinkle grated Parmesan on top and serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment