Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2009

Surf's Up!!!

I couldn't stand it any longer after seeing how flat the surf was on Wednesday, so after volunteering at Monkey Doodle's school Wednesday morning, Miss Priss and I went to soak up some vitamin D at 3 tables.  I knew the surf was about to get monstrous over the next few days, so I knew this would be the only chance for her to play in the water.  After applying gobs of 50 SPF, we got almost 2 hours of relaxing on the beach.  It was the first time I had worn a bikini out in public, and I didn't care how swollen I was!!!  You can tell by the picture(taken with my phone, so poor quality) that we are pretty pasty white compared to what we usually are.  It has been months since we had beach time since was unable to go because of surgery.






I am 8 weeks post op and still battling my swelling,  I am up 8 lbs from swelling, and I am so fed up with it!!  I start out about 5 lbs up in the morning, but I swell to the 8 lb mark by the evening.  It is getting so old, and I was hoping it would be a little better by now.  These pictures were taken this morning after not sleeping with my garment on.



I feel like a marshmallow!

 

 

I laid around all day yesterday until yesterday evening when we decided to walk over to the Eddie Aikau surf competition opening ceremonies.  We were surrounded by so many pro surfers and local celebrities, and we had no clue who they were.




It was such a neat experience, and you can read all about the competition here.  

 

It is a big wave competition, and they have not been able to have it in 5 years because the surf hasn't been high enough.  We are so excited to see the huge waves and surf, and it will happen either on the 7th, 8th, or 9th!!


2 comments:

  1. Jessica you look so great! I can't tell you are swollen at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you're swollen either. You look AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete