Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

14 weeks post op update!

Hi everyone!  It is hard to believe, but I will be 14 weeks post op tomorrow.  I am still battling quite a bit of swelling in my tummy and mostly in my back, but I am finally seeing signs of improvement in that area over the last week.  The scale is not my friend, and it can vary anywhere from 4 to  6 lbs a day from swelling.  It has been staying a little more steady the last few days, so the swelling is getting better.  I  guess that I have gained a few lbs from laying around during my recovery though.  He took off 3 lbs of skin and 6 lbs with lipo, but he transferred 1 1/2  lbs back in to each butt cheek, making that a total of 3 lbs.  Plus, I got 400CC silicone implants, so that adds a little more than a 1 1/2 lbs back too.  So, I should be down about 5 lbs from surgery, and I am the same weight I was when I went in to surgery.  When I came home, I was down 3 lbs from surgery, so I either gained weight or hanging on to fluid.  If I look back at my pictures, I look smaller in my pictures that were taken earlier on post op.  Anyway, I am working on that though and bumping up my workouts and gym time.  I am starting yoga 3 times a week, boot camp once a week, and elliptical on the other days.  I am also going to start Jillian Michaels 30 day shred as well.





Back to my plastics results, I am still pleased with my results.  I spit quite a few stitches, especially on my right breast, that messed up my scars, but I can live with that.  They will fade in time too.  I do have loose belly skin, but I knew I would because I chose NOT to have the anchor tummy tuck cut because of the scar.  I wanted to wear a bikini and not worry about the scar.  My breast look very natural even though they are large.  Dr S gave me exactly what I wanted, and I should have thought about what DD's would look like on me after I lost 6 inches on my waist.  I knew what they looked like before my LBL, but they look much bigger than my old ones did.  My husband loves them though!  My thighs have a huge improvement, but I am probably going back for a revision on those and have a little more taken off.  I still have some wrinkles around my knees.  I knew I may need a revision before I even left Monterrey because he made a decision during surgery to change my markings because he was afraid they would be too tight after the LBL.  I have a little pouches of extra skin around my scar area when I sit down that needs to be taken off.  That is the only time it is noticeable.  I am happy to say that I do not have a J Lo booty anymore, and it is the right size for me.  I had a very flat butt, and now I have just enough.  



I am wearing a size small or medium in everything, a 6 in jeans ( I have one size 4), but I have a hard time finding fitted dresses that fit right.  I am going to a military ball tomorrow, and I had to get an 8 because that is the only size that fit me in the boobs.  I can get a 4 or 6 zipped up until I get to my boobs, and then no luck!!!  I have to wear the dress a little big because of my boobs.





 
I have to say that Dr S is STILL the best, and I am so happy I chose him as my Dr.

3 comments:

  1. You don't know me but I found this thru a friend on Facebook who we are mutual friends with. I read a little of your life story on Facebook. That you lived in OR and have 3 kids. I live in OR and have 3 boys, A 9yr old & Twin boys for are 5yrs old, the same age as your twins, which I'm sorry hear that one is no longer w/you. My sister's 2nd Child passed away at 25 days old...So I can kind of relate... Anyway I just want to say how great you look!:)Seeing the before and after pictures..I've thought about getting a tummy tuck after the twins because of stretch marks...but little nervous :0
    I work out 5 days a week at the gym and watch what I eat and since I've been doing this for the past 5mths have a flat stomach wear a size 2 jeans.. so I was just wondering if the tummy tuck would get rid of the stretch marks completely anyways and would it be worth doing??
    Thanks
    ~Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    Thanks for checking in on me? Who it the mutual friend?
    It depends on how far up your stretch marks are and where they are located. I still have a ton of stretch marks, but I knew I would because of their location. I am still very happy that I had my lower body lift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mutual Friend is Jerry Farnsworth....We've been friends for about 18yrs :) his parents were my neighbors I met him when he came back from West Point. He and my husband were also in HS together.. Anyway my stretch marks start below my naval and are worse just above my panty line...So I guess I'm not sure how much skin can be removed?? If you want you can look me up on FB :) Lisa Lemmer

    ReplyDelete