At Church today, I had a realization about myself and my flaws. I wanted to share this with you.
Have you ever asked God, "Why did you make me like this?" Maybe you don't like your nose, your hips, or (you get the idea).... We all have our physical flaws, don't we? Then, there are the deeper flaws and inconsistencies. These are the ones that cause more serious concerns, especially when it comes to both serving the Lord and interacting with people.
Concerns like:
If I am saved and filled with God's Holy Spirit, why do I still have fears?
If God has really given me this gift, and I want to serve Him, why do I so often feel so inadequate?
If I constantly pray to God to give me boldness, why do I have a personality that hesitates, finds excuses, and then shies away?
Why do I sense I am unworthy, insufficient, and a failure?
Before you run to a Psychiatrist for answers, it helps to know that the Apostle Paul had some similar questions and struggles. God spoke to him in a way that still reverberates to believers today. He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness," 2 Corinthians 12:9.
You see, the more I am aware of my weaknesses and inconsistencies, the more I lean on Jesus. So, like Paul did, "Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me....For when I am weak, then I am strong," 2 Corinthians 12:9b &10b.
I have come to the realization that I am perfect just the way I am. I keep seeing these minor physical flaws or imperfections, and I still deal with feeling that I am still overweight even though I am not. Why I feel and see is not reality all the time. I will catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror once in a while and ask myself, "Who is that?" It is really strange to look at a picture of a group of people and look for the big girl in the picture. When I don't find her, I realize that I am the normal girl in the picture!
Why is physical appearance so important? It is the beauty of my heart and soul that matters and how I am honoring and serving my God! I am learning to lean more on God and become happy with what he has blessed me with. He has blessed me beyond measure, and I know that I live an amazing life.
Hey, since His image is good enough for Him, it should be good enough for me, right? :)
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female He created them," Genesis 1:27.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


We have a song from church that we sing called "I am a Child of God." Look it up and listen to it. It really helps me deal with the days where I feel less than perfect. I know our Heavenly Father loves us and has made each of us perfect in his own way too.
ReplyDeleteThis is a link for a version of the song that the Osmonds did. It's fairly easy to understand them. I found lots of kids singing it and it was too hard to understand them. Hope you enjoy it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IARerNmOShk
ReplyDeleteThank you Karen! It is a fantastic song!
ReplyDeletelookin good!
ReplyDelete