I was 18 weeks post op as of Thursday, the 11th. I am sorry to say that I am still battling a lot of swelling on a daily basis. I still swell in my tummy and back, and I can gain 4 to 6 lbs per day from it. I am not wearing my garment anymore, and the swelling does go down while I sleep at night, but not completely.
I still have loose skin on my belly, but that is because I didn't want the anchor cut on my tummy. I will live with that because I would rather not have the scar and deal with skin. It is hard to see it in pictures, but it is definitely noticeable in person. I have a small roll when I sit down that is around my hip bones when I sit down. If I am standing or laying flat, it is not there because my hip bones stick out and stretches the skin tight. I don't know if he would even be able to fix without doing the anchor cut since it is caused my by my hip bones. I also still have wrinkles in my thighs, but that was known before I left Monterrey. We knew that a revision was needed there as well.
I will be going back to Monterrey the 2nd week of June to have my thighs revised, my belly button fixed(too small due to the stitches ripping), a little lipo on my hips that have pockets of fat, and possibly get a small arm lift. I am still very happy with my results even though I need a few small revisions. I could live without the revisions, but I am choosing to go ahead and get them fixed.
I am dreading the recovery again, but I it will be worth it. It is strange not having plastic surgery or weight loss consume my life anymore. It is great just living and enjoying life as a normal weight, normal shaped woman. I am about to bump up my workouts since I will be living 2 blocks from the gym on Schofield. We are moving in 2 weeks from the North Shore, and we are sad to be living 2 blocks from the beach anymore. We will be about 20 minutes from the beach, so that isn't too bad.



No comments:
Post a Comment