Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Moving

Currently, we live in a 1300 sq ft. A-frame tree house.  No, the house in not in a tree, but it sure feels like it because it is on stilts.  When the waves are huge, we can actually feel the house shake and the waves rumbling throughout the floor.  We are about 2 blocks from the water and beach.


We are sad to be moving off of the North Shore, but we are excited about moving on to the military instillation soon.  We are moving in to a historical home on Schofield Barracks that is 2600 sq ft, 5 bedrooms, 1 3/4 baths, lanai, living room, dining room, eat in kitchen with bar, walk in pantry, laundry room, fenced in patio, and all completely renovated!!  They actually filmed part of the movie, Pearl Harbor, in our neighborhood. 

We left a lot of our furniture back on the mainland because we thought we would be staying in this house the entire time we were here.  Our landlord ended up being a jerk and wanting to raise the rent substantially, kitchen way too small, and kids bedrooms too small for them to play in. So, now you know why we are moving!

We needed to find something to put in to the huge lanai that used to be open and only screened in.  It is now completely finished, so it needs furniture!  I started checking Craigslist for some Hawaiian rattan furniture, and I SCORED!! I found this for ........$50!! Furniture is way expensive here, and I haven't found anything close to this price.



I am going to recover them in black and white flowered print or teal.  I have even toyed with painting the rattan black to match the rest of our furniture. Most of our stuff is black and white with teal, red, or lime green.  Can you tell that I am in to these colors?  I love the colors of a peacock!  I will try to get some pictures of the new house soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment