Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Strawberry Cheesecake Pizza

I was looking for a new dessert one night, and I remembered eating something like this when we lived in Old Town Alexandria.  I thought I would improvise, and I came up with this.  It is now a favorite with my family and friends.

Ingredients

  •  2 pint strawberries, cleaned and stemmed (about 4 cups)
  •   2/3 cup white sugar
  •  2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1, 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 can of sweet condensed milk
  • 1 pizza crust
  • whipped cream for topping

Directions

 

  1. Bake pizza crust at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. 
  2. Cut about 1/3 of the strawberries in half and set aside. In a saucepan over medium high heat, cook the rest of the strawberries, sugar and vanilla. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Use potato masher and mash up the strawberries.  Fold the 1/3 cup of cut strawberries in to the mashed up cooked strawberries. Store in refrigerator.   
  3. In food processor or with your mixer, mix softened cream cheese and 1/2 can of sweet condensed milk until smooth.
  4. After pizza crust is cooked, spread cream cheese mixture on to pizza crust evenly. Cook in oven for 5 more minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
  5. After the cream cheese and pizza crust is cooled, spread strawberry topping on to the cream cheese. 
  6. Cut it in to squares with your pizza cutter and serve with a spoonful of whipped cream on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment