It was a long and tiring Thursday! I did a "Fall Clean" on the house today, and it was not fun! Leaving the windows open all the time brings in some interesting things into the house! I am tired of cleaning up gecko poop, gecko pee, gecko tails, dead baby geckos, dog hair, dirt, sand, grass, dried up fruit snacks, baby coconuts, stale chips, and did I mention gecko poop??? I did all the laundry, washed all the bathroom rugs, and washed the shower curtains. I wash more towels in Hawaii because they spoil so fast! I also raked underneath the decks, cleaned up the yard of chewed up dog toys and toys that Lucy has taken from Miss Priss's room. I still have to mop the entire house tonight as well! I also got a call at noon from the school nurse saying that Monkey Doodle has a sore throat and wanted to come home. He was so sad too because he didn't get to go to computer class today. Poor Monkey Doodle! After some chewable Tylenol and a nap, he felt well enough to go out and play!
A few good things came about with the cleaning though! I burn a TON of calories, house is ready for Ava's 4th birthday party, and it is spotless for the 2 house showings this weekend. Chief worked his tail off on the outside as well. He scrubbed all 3 decks, threw away all of the yard debris, fixed, sanded, and painted the chew marks on the decks from the dogs.
We have a big weekend ahead too! Yoga on Fridy, a house showing in the afternoon, and dinner with friends Friday night. I am such a bad mommy too because I haven't even started on Miss Priss's birthday party for next weekend! We have Monkey Doodle's soccer game Saturday morning, a house showing while we are at the soccer care, shopping for the birthday party in the afternoon, and I hope to get a chance to see the surfers shredding some waves in the HUGE 20 foot waves this weekend! We are under high surf warnings all weekend.
I am glad I am keeping busy because it makes the time go faster until Mexico. My surgery is less than 2 weeks away, and I am so ready to be there and get it over with!
Now time to mop the house, finish the laundry, and off to bed to listen to the waves crashing against the rocks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I have lots to read to catch up as I haven't "plugged in" for a few days. However, I LOVE the new look of the blog page. So creative.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're going great. Please give Miss Ava a big hug from us and wishes for a fantastic Birthday.