Search This Blog

Sunday, September 27, 2009

To Die For Blueberry Muffins

The kids woke up this morning wanting blueberry muffins, and my first thought was that I didn't have any mix for them.  Then, it dawned on me why I didn't have a premixed box....I don't cook from a box anymore!  I found this amazing recipe this morning, and it is a keeper!  I thought I would share because it was super easy!  I tripled the recipe, and it made 24 muffins.  The topping really only needs to be doubled, at least for my taste.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!



INGREDIENTS

  • 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2-1/4 cups white sugar
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 cups fresh blueberries or 3 cups frozen blueberries (thawed)
TOPPING
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup butter, cubed
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
  2. Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a large bowl; add the eggs and  milk to make it 3 cups total.. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
  3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
  4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. 



3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh I am all over it! I'm 'trying' not to cook from a box anymore, either! Yay us! Can't wait to try these - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. coud you use sugar subsitute since we can't have sugar after RNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y, yes you should be able to use Splenda in place of the sugar. I haven't tried it yet, but I have used it in baking bread before.

    ReplyDelete