My dream home is a wide open floor plan, floor to ceiling windows, the flood of natural light, and a beautifully preserved character of the space where memories are made. When we lived in Colorado Springs, we lived in an old farm house with a beautiful massive open staircase, fire place in the entry way, bay windows on 1st and 2nd floors with a turret, a walk in pantry, and a church window that the Christmas tree fit perfectly in front of. It was on an acre of land and a creek that ran through the back of the property. The house sat about 200 feet off the road, and the driveway wound around trees to get to the house. This house was pretty close to what I want in a dream house. I found these pictures when surfing the net, and I am in love. It is an old church that has been converted to a house This is exactly what I want and dream of.




Now that I have the love for cooking, I constantly think about what I want in a kitchen. I want a HUGE island that stretches all the way across the room, and it opens to the entire family room where all of our friends and family gather when we get together. I want to be able to lay out Thanksgiving dinner across the entire island and still have room left over. I recently came across pictures of Ina Garten's kitchen, and I fell in love! It is everything that I want in a kitchen. Now, just transplant Ina's kitchen it to the church converted to a house kitchen, and it is perfect! Here is Ina's...
What does your dream home look like?
Holy cow, those photos are gorgeous! I LOVE looking decorating blogs, for this very reason! I can't wait to see your new house. You decorated your current one so pretty, I bet the new house will be even prettier! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Melissa! This is definitely want I want when we finally settle in one place and retire. I hope we can convert an old church in to something like this, or we just might have to replicate it!
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to get in to the new house and get to decorating! I love to do it!