Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Going Alone??

I am about to embark on an amazing journey, and I am so ready and excited about my trip. It is a beginning to an end of my weight loss journey, and I am completely and totally ready to start this.  Everywhere I turn, people keep asking me if I am worried, scared, terrified, about going alone to Mexico.  Even though I would love for my husband to be with me, I am completely at ease about doing this alone.  The thing is that I am not doing this alone.  I have met 3 great people online that are having surgery all within a few days of me.  We all have gone through obesity and weight loss surgery, and we have many other things in common.  They are fantastic people, and it is going to be so nice to be able to support each other during our recoveries.

Besides my new friends, I am still not alone.  God is always with me as well.  I have always known that, but I really learned that after losing Beckam.  He is always with me, protecting me, blessing me, loving me.    So you see, I have nothing to fear because I have my Father with me at all times.  He will keep me company, and I can talk to him any time I want! :)

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6


The LORD gave this command to Joshua son of Nun: "Be strong and courageous, for you will bring the Israelites into the land I promised them on oath, and I myself will be with you." Deuteronomy 31:23

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Joshua 1:9


"I will love You, Oh Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."  Psalms 18.1-2

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, I too learned that God is always with you by your side, even when your husband who you love dearly can not. I learned this when I almost died due to severe complications due to surgical error from simple gallbladder surgery!! I know that God will give you comfort and see you through, and bring you home back to your sweet family....He did the same for me ;)
    Michelle Gamblin - (just wanted you to know I've always thought you were beautiful)

    ReplyDelete