DISCLAIMER..... I am about to talk about some pretty girly and painful stuff, so just STOP right there if you don't want to read it. If not, you are in for a pretty enlightening but painful story.
I am pretty much packed, and now it is time to prep for surgery. So, my "prepping" involved going to the salon today and getting ehhemm (clearing throat), waxed. Yes, down there....all of it.
This was not my first time to hit the salon for this, but it was the first time in Hawaii. It was not what I expected, and I found it to be very different than D.C. I used to drive all the way in to D.C. in fear that I would run in to someone I knew personally, like one of my customers from work, and I really wanted to make sure I was not in my own neighborhood. My wax lady in D.C. was nice, but there was no modesty involved with her. She had me in all kinds of positions that I had no desire to do in front of a stranger or in front of anyone! I got a great wax at least!
My lady in Hawaii was great and really did everything possible to give me as much discreetness as you can get from a wax. I have figured out a few tricks beforehand to help take away the wretched pain that I try to escape. First, take some Tylenol or Motrin 30 minutes before. Second, spend a few bucks to get a bottle of spray Bactine! I spray myself down and rub it in about 10 minutes before I go in for the wax. It has a numbing agent in it, and it will help take away the pain.
Ok, now time for the story and not what I expected..... My wax lady (that I will call Kat), and I had a great conversation. Yes, that is a little weird when someone is up close and personal to your tutu (that is what we call it with Ava) and inflicting pain on you at the same time. I told her that I was prepping for my trip to Mexico, and of course I told her why I was going. She was very intrigued after I told her that I had weight loss surgery, and I was on my way to Mexico to reconstruct my body. Kat was a heavier set lady and had tried to get weight loss surgery as well. She ran in to road blocks when they wanted her to lose a little weight to show she was committed. Well, she lost about 80 lbs, and then went back to the Dr. They told her that she lost too much weight and now she didn't qualify for the surgery! I started telling her about the Mexico programs and how great they are. I had to reassure her that they are not "chop shops" like the movies portray them to be. I ended up giving her names of some surgeons in Mexico and gave her my info on obesityhelp.com.
So, she helped me "prep", and I hopefully helped her on her next step to a new and healthier life! It is not what I expected to happen in a salon, in Hawaii, and getting my tutu waxed. Ok, you all can laugh now!


I cannot believe you leave in less than a week. I am sooooo happy for you. I would say be sure to take a lot of before pics but I know you are already all over that :o) I'll keep you in my prayers that all goes great and you get the amazing results you are searching for with minimal pain.
ReplyDelete