Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Rock Star Princess Party Success!

The Rock Star Princess Party was a complete success!  We had 26 people in our home, and fun was had by all!  I ended up making 6 homemade pizzas, buffalo chicken dip in the crock pot, beer dip, chips and salsa, salad, pink lemonade with strawberries, and top it off with a guitar chocolate cake with a layer of cheesecake on bottom.  I was running around so much that I forgot to get pictures of the table and food, and I barely have a picture of the cake!  The buffalo chicken dip and beer dip is AMAZING and such good party dips!  I thought I would share the recipes.  I will post the pizza recipe at a different time because it deserves a post all on its own!



Buffalo Chicken Dip

INGREDIENTS

  • 3 shredded cooked chicken breasts or 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup Ranch dressing
  • 1 cup buffalo wing pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot®)
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
  • 1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers

DIRECTIONS

 Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through or boil chicken. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.

 

Beer Dip

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/3 cup beer

DIRECTIONS 

In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and dressing mix. Stir in Cheddar cheese, and then beer ( I put it all in my food processor.) The mixture will appear mushy. Cover bowl, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, overnight if possible.



Miss Priss was blessed with MANY presents, and she was so excited!  I have no idea what we are going to do with all of the stuff, but I am sure she will make room for it.


 


 




1 comment:

  1. I love how Jack is blowing out the candles behind Ava. It's such a big brother thing to do. Wish we could have been there to "Rock Out" with you guys. Looks like a great time had by all.

    ReplyDelete