I am still here and doing very well. I have 2 of the 5 drains removed, and I should have 2 more out by Friday. Dr Sauceda said that I should not have to go home with any drains, so that is very good news! I may go home with my stitches, but we will see the day I leave. He said it would be better if I went home with them if I had someone to take them out when I got home. With me having such a long flight, I think it would be more beneficial to keep them in.
I have to tell you that I am burned out on plastic surgery! I have studied, lived, breathed it since April. Now that it is complete, I am so tired of thinking about it! I was shocked to see the outflow of support and questions since surgery. I just counted again, and I have received over 100 emails just about surgery since the 8th. I have tried to answer everyone's emails, so I apologize if I missed someone. I have barely been on the internet the last 2 days because I just wanted to read a book. I never get much of a chance to do that at home, so I am taking advantage! I am reading the Twilight series, and I cannot put them down. I finally had to this evening because my inbox was so full of questions from so many pre op patients or people that are still researching for a Dr. I will do my best to try and answer your email, but if you don't hear from me in a few days, try searching my blog. You can type in Plastic Surgery, Dr Sauceda, or Monterrey and get tons of information that might already have the answer you need. I even have a packing list on here!
I am also getting homesick. I knew it would happen because this is the longest I have been away from my kids EVER! It is starting to wear on them as well as daddy. We are doing our best to get me home sooner, but Continental is not being cooperative and American gave us poor information. We need quite a bit more miles on American than we anticipated and is just not affordable to purchse that many miles or a full fare ticket to get home. My best friend in Hawaii's daughter(like my own daughter) is also having surgery on Monday to have a grapefruit size tumor removed in her hip. Her surgery was scheduled after I already purchased my tickets, so I am pretty torn up that I cannot be there for that as well. I hope we get something worked out, but I guess I will stay until the 23rd if all else fails! Dr Sauceda gave me the clear to leave on Sunday the 18th because I am doing so well.
If you don't see me post in a couple of days, I promise that I am doing well and just relaxing and healing. Pain is very controllable with over the counter meds now, and I am getting around like I did preop.
Wait! Funny story before I go! Dr Sauceda was in my room today, and he dropped a cotton ball down my shirt by accident. He went to fish it out and then stopped for me to get it. He said for me to get used to it because things are going to get lost down there a lot! LOL! Thought that was too funny!
Ok, back to my book!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment