Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Our roadways in life


I  found a conversation that was so intriguing on Obesityhelp.com today.  A lady was so upset about her naked pictures that she took of herself to send to plastic surgeons.  She couldn't believe that she really looked like that when she saw them because that is not what she sees in the mirror.  I know exactly how she feels because I did the same thing. I think we all do that from time to time.  It reminds me of going to Walmart and seeing people wearing some of the strangest, tightest, ugliest clothes you have ever seen!  They walk around like they are so beautiful, and you know they think they look good!  I always thought that those people must be crazy to wear something like that in public!  Then, I thought about how beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Anyway, back on track and stop being random here......I remember taking "those" pictures, and they were horrible!  I hated taking them, and I couldn't believe I actually looked liked that!  I saw that big and heavy girl again when I took mine, and I hated that the pictures made me feel that way.  Then, I decided that we are ALL in this and can all relate in some way. We all should be proud of ourselves for losing this much weight or what we have overcome!  I decided that my stretchmarks and wrinkles are just roadways of my life.  PCOS, having twins, obesity, having another baby, etc.  We should be proud of what we have achieved!  Now after looking at the pictures, it was time to try and do some roadwork on these crooked, beat up, and curvy roads. I just had my roads reconstructed, and Dr Sauceda, my construction worker, did help fix my body.  Is it perfect?  No, because it isn't a brand new body!  I still have stretch marks and still have fat, but I am much more improved!  I was shocked when I took some new pics this morning and realized that I was the person in those pictures! My perception of myself has changed again!   I have the cute belly button that isn't frowning anymore, I don't have rocks in socks hanging from my chest, and I don't look like someone sliced my butt off anymore!  This time around I am going to try and maintain my "roads" a little bit better, so I don't have to completely rebuild again. What matters most is that "I" think I am beautiful, and that is what is going to shine through even more in my inner self just as much as my outer self!

1 comment:

  1. I just read about the thoughts u had on ur pictures. Which I just took mine & thought the same way. It brought me to tears. I have sent them today. It's one step closer to loving myself again. I'm reading ur blogs & they are so much help.

    ReplyDelete