Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Update on Kyra Dawn

Kyra had her tumor surgery yesterday, and the Dr removed about 1/4 of the tumor.  He did get it removed from the tendon, so that is a huge plus!  I thought they said that there was no cancer, but I was mistaken.  They still do not have the answer to that yet because it was sent off to pathology.  Her scar is much smaller than they expected and is about 8 inches long versus 2 feet long like anticipated.  She was in a lot of pain after surgery, and it was very hard on her. I felt horrible that we didn't get to the hospital yesterday because she was asking for us as soon as she woke up!  I was so tired after the weekend and stayed in bed all day. We did make it up to see her tonight, and she was pretty drugged up but talking.  She wasn't in too much pain, but they have her on Tordal every 3 hours and a Morphine pain pump.  She should be in the hospital until Friday.  Please keep this sweet 12 year old girl in your prayers.  She could really use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment