Big day for me today! I moved on up to the hotel today, and it is great to be here! I have a huge comfy bed, recliner, large tub with a seat for my showers, and internet! After Dr Sauceda checked me in, I took a fantastic nap that was much needed! He actually woke me up when he came back to the hotel to bring me my gauze and meds for tomorrow. I will have a nurse come help me shower and get back in to my garment in the morning, so that makes things much easier as well! My friend, Tony, and I went to eat at the food court that is probably 200 ft from the hotel. I am getting spoiled by such good authentic Mexican food, and I am loving it! Then, we walked around the HEB and bought a few things. I loved the bakery area where you use a pizza pan and tongs to walk around and pick which pastries, breads, donuts, and treats you would like. You just take them up to the counter, and they price it for you. We changed our US Dollars in to Mexican Pesos because it just makes things so much easier. You only have to calculate what you will be getting back in Pesos that one time, and then you can just purchase what you like without having to start a conversation.
I also decided that I am officially home sick. I miss everything about home, even the barking dogs and crowing roosters in the middle of the night. I feel so great on day 4, and I know now that I have no need to stay until day 15 post op. I am required to stay for 12 days, so I am going to try and change my flight. My unofficial daughter, Kyra, is having a huge tumor removed from her hip next Monday. This poor 12 year old girl is just starting her life and does not deserve this! I had already booked my flight and surgery when they got her surgery date. I was devastated that I was not going to be able to be there to support our friends and their daughter. I am hoping that I will be flying home next Monday! The Dr's are not for sure what they are going to find in there and are pretty sure they cannot remove all of it without crippling her for life. They have to do something because it just keeps growing and it is on her growth plate. Please keep Kyra and her family in your thoughts and prayers as they go through this. Also, lift up the Dr's and pray that they will have the skill and knowledge to do what is best for Kyra.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment