Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2009

There's no place like home!

It felt like I was part of Wizard of Oz yesterday when I got off the plane.  I was home, and a I saw at least 3 full size rainbows on the way home yesterday.  Chief and the kids met me at the airport after an 11 1/2 hour trip, and it was wonderful!  The kids were beyond excited and could not stop chattering.  Chief just kept looking at me and saying how amazing I looked even though I was swollen like a tick from the trip.  I would say my #1 thing that I am so glad that I brought was my 2 full size pillows.  I carried 1 on my trip home, and it saved my butt on the trip home, literally! I also really needed them during my time in the clinic because the clinic pillows aren't that great.

I knew I missed my family, but I also missed Hawaii!  It was nice to see the clear teal water, the white sand beaches, the pineapple fields, the surfers, and my house!  I walked in the door and ate an apple banana!  It was so nice to be home! That is the first thing I ate when I woke up this morning too! I came home to a perfectly clean house with absolutely nothing for me to do!  I have such an amazing husband! 

I got out of my binders and let me body rest some after the trip.  I also had to show Chief my new body!  He was in shock on the difference in my body and was pleasantly surprised!  I even played dress up and tried on bikini's and a few dresses.  It is so amazing to see the difference already!  I also got on the scale for the first time since surgery, and I am the same weight when I left with my garments on.  Since Dr Sauceda took off 3 lbs of skin and 6 lbs of lipo, I should be down 9 lbs.  But, I have to figure in the weight of the implants, and he grafted 3 lbs back to in to my butt.  I know I am carrying a lot of fluid, so I should definitely be down 10 lbs after all is said and done.  I am having a little trouble with my belly button because it was opened some, so I will be calling my PCM to check it out.  I am going to email Dr Sauceda on it's progress because he has examined it already. I definitely know it isn't infected, but I want to me sure that it doesn't need to be sewn up again. 

Our friends came over for dinner, and it was nice to feel normal again.  Chief grilled ribs and steak, baked beans, and pasta salad.  I can't believe I ate as much as I did since I haven't been eating well lately!  I also got to catch up on what all was going on while I was away, and I found out that Chief had been VERY sick for 5 days of my trip.  He is never sick, but it is bad when he is.  He even went in to the Dr because he thought he had swine flu.  I was wondering why the kids had stayed the night at our friends' house!  They hid it all from me because they knew it would upset me and just worry. 

Currently, I am laying in bed, with Chief and the kids, watching football, and being completely content on being at home.  There is no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment